Thursday, September 3, 2009

Memory Lane - Madrid!

Apparently Whitney is jetsetting to Madrid this weekend with her mother, and I am super jealous!  I was trying to remember all the things that she needed to go and see, and so was looking at my pictures to try and get some visual clues.  I've been to Madrid several times throughout the years and I thought I would share some old photos.
-------------------------------------------------
When I first studied abroad, I spent a few weeks in Italy with Elyza, Lindsey and Maurine.  I then flew to Madrid where I had a few days to myself before my program started...here was the sunset in Plaza Mayor that greeted me....
I met up with another girl in my group to travel in Portugal for a week before our program started, so this was Alexis and I's first dinner together...we look like babies!
Not too long after Fall semester started, our program took a field trip to Madrid. Here's all the crazy people I hung out with all semester at the Royal Palace...Can you spot me?

Here's all my girls that I hung out with in Spain!  From left to right, Jordy, Alexis, Me, Katie (aka Wasted Face), Bethany, Lindsay
I went back to Madrid the summer after I studied abroad in Granada, spending 7 weeks working for EMI music and taking classes with Dr. Gonzalez, who was Fabulous!  Here is Lisa and I with our crazy Senora, Mercedes.
We were the guinea pigs for this Trinity-sponsored trip and they are still doing it today...although Dr. G still says we were the best group. :)  This was a craaaaaazy night towards the end of the trip.
After graduation, I made it back to Madrid once again with Fletcher after our jaunt to Turkey and Greece.  We met up with my Mom and Cameron, and I got to show her where all the craziness happened.  The pic below was at a huge bullfight that royalty attended...
I think it's time for another trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment